Welcome to InterAct Pantry!
Interact Pantry opened in July 2021 to help relieve food poverty in the area.
Membership is open to people living within a 20 minute walking distance (defined by Google maps) of Meanwood Community Centre, LS7 2QU
For a small weekly subscription of £3.50, members of this pantry will be able to have access to food including fresh fruit and vegetables and store cupboard favourites that will often value £15-20 or more! Membership is open to the community and local families are strongly encouraged to join.
- Monday: 2.30pm - 4.30pm & 6pm - 8pm
- Tuesday: 9.30am - 11.30am
You can find the pantry at:
Meanwood Community Centre
Have a question about the pantry?
Call 07961 535767
Member Sign Up: Terms and Information
How we use your data
Information about you is stored safely and only used to facilitate your membership. InterACT Pantry Meanwood is run by InterACT Church and Community Partnership. The Pantry is part of a franchise called Your Local Pantry. Both InterACT and Your Local Pantry are committed to complying with Data Protection legislation when processing personal data within the course of our business. You can find further information on the data protection practice of each organisation here:
By pressing finish on your application, you confirm that the information you have given is correct and that you accept the terms and conditions outlined below.
Your Local Pantry Terms and Conditions
- Limited memberships are available at each pantry.
- Membership is awarded on a first come, first served basis, with the exception that priority will be given to those who are currently experiencing financial difficulties. This may mean that members not in this position are occasionally asked to pause their membership to make space for someone else in need.
- Membership can only be granted to those within a 20 minute walking radius of Meanwood Community Centre (defined using Google Maps), other than for exceptional circumstances at the discretion of InterACT.
Any applications received after maximum number of subscriptions reached will be placed on a waiting list.
- Membership entitles you to visit once a week.
- Membership is restricted to one per household. Proof of address e.g. utility bill may be requested.
- You can pay your membership fee by cash, card or standing order. Please ask a member of the team for further details.
InterACT Pantry Meanwood reserves the right to archive or refuse your membership. For example:
- You do not use the pantry for a while,
- You move away from the area,
- You are found to be abusive towards a volunteer or fellow members.
Things to know when you visit:
- Members must bring their membership card and cool bag (provided) each time they visit;
- Members must bring a recent record of the temperature of their fridge and freezer (using the thermometer provided).For food to be supplied fridges must read a temperature of between 2C to 4C and freezers must measure between -18C to -23C;
- To ensure that members get a fair share we may place limits on certain items;
- There is no guaranteed availability of any item week from week.
About the food:
- If you suffer from food allergies or intolerances and are unsure about the ingredients in a product, please ask one of our trained volunteers.
- Your Local Pantry may receive some food products that come without labelling, however in these cases your pantry will provide a list of ingredients on a separate sheet. Should you not receive one of these, please ask a pantry volunteer.
- Your Local Pantry may also stock items which have passed their ‘best before’ date. Best before indicates quality, not safety. When this date has passed, it doesn’t mean that the food will be harmful. The important date to look out for is the ‘use by’ date – do not consume food past its use by date.