Building on the success of and levels of interest in the Pantries established across Stockport, Stockport Homes have worked with Church Action on Poverty to develop the Pantry model in to a franchise. This means that we can assist in developing more Pantries across the country and so help more people in need of assistance. The franchise is now run in collaboration between Foundations Stockport and Church Action on Poverty.
If you are interested in setting up a Pantry in your area then we can help. Our franchise package has been developed over a number of years and incorporates a wide range of experience, knowledge, support and essential materials in how to set up and run a Pantry. Register here and we'll be in touch to send you a franchise brochure.
The Your Local Pantry franchise package includes:
- Pantry Handbook – this is a comprehensive manual which gives step-by-step instructions and guidance on how to set up and operate a Pantry. This covers everything from health and safety, food hygiene through to operational details.
- Pantry Management Software – a bespoke system we have designed and developed to manage volunteers, members, stock as well as automate processes and provide comprehensive reporting information.
- Procedures and templates – documents detailing day-to-day processes to help ensure the highest of standards are adhered to.
- Marketing materials – Your Local Pantry branded forms, templates and social media coverage to assist in publicising your Pantry and boosting membership numbers.
- Website – advertising of each Pantry site, good news stories and key messages on the central Your Local Pantry website.
- Set up and development support – one-to-one support from a dedicated Project Officer including site appraisals, contacts and initial set up and assistance.
- Training and support – advice and guidance on setting up, software training and shadowing opportunities at existing Pantries.
- Annual conference and networking opportunities – ongoing communications across the Your Local Pantry network.
- Partners – Pantries work closely with FareShare as well as receive discounts from Partner organisations.
- Communications – monthly communications from across the Your Local Pantry network.
- Continuous updates – the manual and software will be continually updated as changes to suppliers, legislation and new lessons are learned. The franchise fee also covers the ongoing software and website licences as well as continuous development of the franchise itself.
Click on the Your Local Pantry leaflet to download